Perfect for decorating a crafts space, this embroidery hoop has bright colors and flair.
Upload your photo here.
1. Using a light box or sunny window, lightly trace pattern, below, onto white fabric using a sharp pencil. Place fabric in embroidery hoop, centering design inside opening. Pull fabric taut and tighten screw.
2. Complete solid lines using three strands of embroidery floss and a split stitch. Double lines are made with two rows of split stitches side by side. Satin-stitch heart, and add a French knot at dots.
3. Remove embroidery from hoop. Using a warm iron, press finished embroidery. Insert embroidery into hoop, centering design and pulling fabric taut.
4. When all stitching is complete, turn the hoop over. Stitch a running stitch approximately 1-1/2" outside the hoop in the fabric that extends past the hoop edges. Pull the thread to gather the fabric; knot the thread. Trim away the extra fabric approximately 1" outside the gathered line.
5. If desired, cut a felt circle that is slightly smaller than the back of the embroidery hoop. Whipstitch the felt circle to the gathered fabric on the back side of the hoop.