- 5-inch square of 14-count clay Aida cloth
- Cotton embroidery floss
- Purchased 3 1/4 x 6 1/2-inch acrylic notepad holder with pad (Yarn Tree #7442)
1. Download the free patterns for this project (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software).
2. Center and stitch the chick from the Barnyard Table Runner chart on the Aida cloth. Use two plies of floss to work the stitches over one square of the fabric. Work the remaining stitches as specified.
3. Use the Simple Alphabet to chart "Notes" on graph paper, separating the letters with one square. Center and stitch the lettering above the chick with three plies of Black-brown floss (DMC 3371), leaving two squares of fabric between the top row of stitches for the chick and the bottom of the lettering. Backstitch the lettering with one ply of floss. Press the stitchery from the back. Mount the stitched piece in the note holder following the manufacturer's instructions.