2. For the napkin, use sewing thread to baste a 1 3/8-inch square on one corner of the napkin about 1 inch in from the fringed edges. Center and stitch a chick motif from the Barnyard Table Runner chart in the basted square. Use three plies of floss to work the stitches over one square of the fabric unless otherwise specified. Remove the basting thread and press the finished napkin from the back.
3. For the napkin ring, center and stitch a chick motif from the Barnyard Table Runner chart on the Aida cloth. Use three plies of floss to work the stitches over one square of the fabric. Work the remaining stitches as specified. Press the stitched piece from the back.
4. Trim the fabric 8 squares beyond the top and bottom row of stitches. Press under 1/2-inch on one short edge and both long edges of the stitched piece. Insert the design into the napkin ring with the short pressed edge overlapping the opposite edge.
Better Homes & Gardens Creative Collection -- Cross-Stitch for All Seasons
This dazzling collection of seasonal designs was inspired by the medley of colors and patterns found in the changing of the seasons! Each collection celebrates the natural beauty and festivities of each season of the year. The inclusion of 100 finishing ideas and tips helps you find the perfect finishing for your next project and makes this issue extra special! Eagerly anticipate your favorite times of the year with Cross-Stitch for All Seasons, as you create beautiful items for your home or to give as gifts! Available now at your favorite newsstand, or call 1-888-547-2147 to order your copy!
- Slumber Party -- Cross-stitch projects for a night full of crafts and fun!
- Sweet Sentiments -- Heart-inspired designs send a message of special friendship!
- Garden Retreat -- Let the beauty of spring's first flowers inspire your projects!
- Old Glory -- Quilt motifs, stars and Uncle Sam combine for a patriotic design!
- Halloween Treats -- Your little ghouls will love these spellbinding crafts!
- Bringing Home Baby -- Welcome baby with a darling personalized sampler!
- 34 Quick Projects -- Finishing ideas suitable for every member of the family!