- 15-inch-square 14-count ivory Royal Classic napkin
- Sewing thread
- Cotton embroidery floss
- 6 1/2-inch square of 14-count clay Aida cloth
- Purchased acrylic napkin ring
1. Download the free patterns for this project (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software).
2. For the napkin, use sewing thread to baste a 1 3/8-inch square on one corner of the napkin about 1 inch in from the fringed edges. Center and stitch a chick motif from the Barnyard Table Runner chart in the basted square. Use three plies of floss to work the stitches over one square of the fabric unless otherwise specified. Remove the basting thread and press the finished napkin from the back.
3. For the napkin ring, center and stitch a chick motif from the Barnyard Table Runner chart on the Aida cloth. Use three plies of floss to work the stitches over one square of the fabric. Work the remaining stitches as specified. Press the stitched piece from the back.
4. Trim the fabric 8 squares beyond the top and bottom row of stitches. Press under 1/2-inch on one short edge and both long edges of the stitched piece. Insert the design into the napkin ring with the short pressed edge overlapping the opposite edge.
Continued on page 2: Cross-Stitch for All Seasons Magazine