- 11-inch square of 11-count white Aida cloth
- Sewing thread
- Cotton embroidery floss
- Purchased acrylic trivet with a 5 3/4-inch design area (Yarn Tree #7949)
1. Download the free pattern for this project (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software).
2. Use sewing thread to baste a 5 1/8-inch square centered on the Aida cloth. Use three plies of floss to work the stitches over one square of fabric unless otherwise specified.
3. Beginning at one corner of the basted square, stitch a 3 by 3 cross-stitch square with Medium loden floss (DMC 3363). Continue the 3 by 3 squares along each basting line to make ten squares on each edge of the border.
4. Center and stitch the Apple chart inside the border. Remove the basting thread and press the stitched piece from the back. Mount the stitched piece in the trivet, following the manufacturer's instructions.
Continued on page 2: Cross-Stitch for All Seasons Magazine