Protect your tabletops with a homemade coaster.
2. Use sewing thread to baste a 2 7/8-inch square centered on the Aida cloth. Use three plies of floss to work the stitches over one square of fabric unless otherwise specified.
3. Beginning at one corner of the basted square, stitch a 3 by 3 cross-stitch square with Medium loden floss (DMC 3363). Continue the 3-by-3 squares along each basting line to make seven squares on each edge of the border.
4. Center and stitch the Apple chart, inside the border. Remove the basting thread and press the stitched piece from the back. Mount the stitched piece in the coaster, following the manufacturer's instructions.
Better Homes & Gardens Creative Collection -- Cross-Stitch for All Seasons
This dazzling collection of seasonal designs was inspired by the medley of colors and patterns found in the changing of the seasons! Each collection celebrates the natural beauty and festivities of each season of the year. The inclusion of 100 finishing ideas and tips helps you find the perfect finishing for your next project and makes this issue extra special! Eagerly anticipate your favorite times of the year with Cross-Stitch for All Seasons, as you create beautiful items for your home or to give as gifts! Available now at your favorite newsstand, or call 1-888-547-2147 to order your copy!
- Slumber Party -- Cross-stitch projects for a night full of crafts and fun!
- Sweet Sentiments -- Heart-inspired designs send a message of special friendship!
- Garden Retreat -- Let the beauty of spring's first flowers inspire your projects!
- Old Glory -- Quilt motifs, stars and Uncle Sam combine for a patriotic design!
- Halloween Treats -- Your little ghouls will love these spellbinding crafts!
- Bringing Home Baby -- Welcome baby with a darling personalized sampler!
- 34 Quick Projects -- Finishing ideas suitable for every member of the family!