What You Need:
Bring delight with these pretty
- Milliner's sharp size 10 needle
- Keep 2 yards of wired, non-wired, silk, ombré (two-tone), velvet, cross weave or solid ribbon at home
- Ruler or tape measure
- Sharp sewing scissors
- White quilting thread or beading thread is stronger than sewing thread
- Household wire cutters
Click on the image to view the
- Using 1-1/2-wide ribbon, make two petals using 6-inch lengths of ribbon and two petals using 7-inch lengths of ribbon.
- If the ribbon has wire in the edges, remove the bottom edge wire.
- Stitch the pattern, using a simple running stitch.
- Gather the ribbon tightly to form a petal shape. Secure the gathering with stitches.
- For multiple petals, divide the ribbon equally and create the appropriate number of U-gathers.
Continued on page 2: