Reprinted from the book Crafty Chica's Guide to Artful Sewing by Kathy Cano-Murillo. Copyright © 2009 by Kathy Cano-Murillo. Photographs copyright © 2009 by John Samora Photography. Published by Potter Craft, a division of Random House, Inc.
- For a more uniform look, use the same colors of fabric and yarn, or use only two colors, such as black and white.
- Add sparkle with yarn that has metallic thread in it.
- For even more texture, stitch up and down the scarf, using only thread.
- Try those stitch patterns you've always wanted to use.
- Don't worry about small mistakes; this design hides them.
See the Crafty Chica's Guide to Artful Sewing Book for more projects like this.