- Following manufacturer's instructions, fuse interfacing to wrong side of center fabric.
- Fold each inner border strip in half lengthwise; press. With right side of center piece facing up, align raw edges of border strips with raw edges of center; pin. Topstitch inner border pieces to center piece.
- Fold all edges of backing/outer border piece under 1/2 inch with wrong side inside. With wrong sides together, center the stitched square on the backing. Fold short backing edges to the front, overlapping the center by 1/4 inch; pin. Stitch 1/8 inch from the inside edge of border. Repeat with the remaining backing edges.
- Download leaf patterns, below.
- Trace the leaf patterns; cut out. Use the patterns to cut two large leaves from dark green felt and two small leaves from polka dot felt. Stitch leaves together in pairs using straight stitches and green embroidery floss.
- Sew leaves to the corner of the mat. Tack the center of cording to leaf points. Thread a wood bead on each cording tail. Knot cording ends and trim close to the knots.
Download the free leaf patterns for this table mat.