Bring summer indoors by decorating your room with a mobile of floating butterflies.
2. Trace a butterfly pattern onto printer paper six times, varying the wing shapes as desired.
3. Cut out the shapes and make small slits where indicated on the pattern. Color both sides, pressing hard with crayon so the color won't wash away. Brush on watercolor paint, using just a small amount of water on the brush. Let dry and repeat on other side.
4. Use watercolors to paint cotton swab and dowel, if desired. Let them dry.
5. Thread cotton swabs through slits in wings. For antennae, bend wire in half and twist around swab. Curl ends with your fingers.
6. Cut six 8-inch-long pieces of thread. Tie one thread end to the wire antennae. Tie the other end to last slit in the wing. Make 1-inch slits on each end of the straws. Slide the butterfly strings onto the straws. Tie the straws to the dowel.