You Will Need:
- 22 x 36-inch rug
- 1/4 yard each of 8 - 10 different fabrics
- Pinking shears or scalloped-edge scissors
- Aluminum foil
- Aleene's Super Fabric Textile Adhesive
1. Cut 1/4 yard each of 8 to 10 different fabrics into strips measuring 1-1/2 x 8-inches long. Tie a knot in the center of each strip, keeping the right side of the fabric facing up on both sides of the knot. Squeeze textile adhesive onto a piece of aluminum foil.
2. Push the wrong side of each knot into the adhesive, and place the knots along the edge of the rug to form a border. Lay foil on top of the knots, and add a weight to secure them while drying (about an hour).