The Bow Tie Bracelet
- Old leather purse or tote bag with straps (straps should be approximately 2 to 21⁄2" wide)
- Heavy-duty sewing machine needle
- Matching sewing thread
- Tacky glue
- Sew-in hook-and-loop tape
1. Cut a 9-1⁄2"-long piece from one purse or tote bag straps for cuff.
2. Cut a 1-1⁄2×3" strip from leather strap for center tie. Using a heavy-duty needle in sewing machine and matching sewing thread, sew the 3"-long sides under 1⁄4".
3. Wrap tie around center of cuff, pinching cuff to fit when tie ends overlap. Glue ends of tie together using tacky glue.
4. Cut small hook and small tape section of hook-and-loop tape. Sew pieces to cuff ends so pieces match when cuff is wrapped around wrist.