Design by Naomi Fujimoto
These designs are excerpted from the book Jewelry in a Flash.
Finished size is 18 inches.
What you'll need:
- Flexible beading wire, .018 or .019
- Diagonal wire cutters
- Five 16-inch strands 10-25-millimeter beads, in different colors and shapes
- Twenty 5-6-millimeter spacers
- Twenty to forty 3-4-millimeter spacers
- 10 crimp beads
- Large toggle clasp
- Chain-nose or crimping pliers
The necklace strands must taper so the bar half of the clasp fits through the loop half. If necessary, string additional 3-4-mm spacers on each end before stringing the crimp bead.
- String four strands instead of five if the necklace feels too heavy. Use the fifth strand to make a two-strand bracelet.
- Try a monochromatic necklace. Use amazonite, chalcedony, turquoise, and simulated aquamarine.
- Make simple drop earrings with single leftover gemstones.