- Cut the gift card of your choice into two pieces: 1x1-1/2 inches and 1x1 inch. Use sandpaper to round the corners and smooth the edges of each piece. Trace around your pieces on the back of scrapbook paper scraps. Cut out the paper pieces and adhere to the backs of the gift card pieces. Let dry. Sand the edges and corners so that the paper is even with the gift card. Cover the paper side of each piece with two coats of Mod Podge, letting it dry after each coat. Punch a small hole in the top and bottom of each piece.
- Add an oval jump ring to all of the holes in your gift card pieces. Add a second jump ring to the ring at the top of the large piece.
- Using needle-nose pliers place one black bead on an eye pin and make a loop at the straight end. Repeat this step using a small clear bead. Open one end of the wire that holds the clear bead and attach it to the loop of the black bead you just finished. See the link for how to make a beaded drop and photos showing how to make a loop in the wire.
- Keep adding beads to the eye pins until you have connected five black beads with four clear beads for each side of your necklace. Attach these two strands to the end jump ring at the top of the large piece. Attach the other ends of both strands to the ends of your loop chain.
- Use a jump ring to add the acrylic bead dangle to the hole of the bottom gift card piece.
See how to make a wire loop.