What You Need:
- 90 inches of colored wire; wire cutters
- 30-40--3 mm golden seed beads
- 1 gourd bowl, approximately 9 inches in diameter, with predrilled holes around wrapped woven rim
- 2-3 packages of assorted glass beads
- 8-10 white bone beads
- Crimp beads and crimping tool, optional
1. Cut a 6-inch piece of wire. Secure a seed bead on one end of the wire by twisting the wire around it. From inside the bowl, thread the wire through a predrilled hole, allowing the seed bead to secure the wire.
2. String on beads, using a variety of sizes, textures, and colors.
3. When 1 1/2 inches of string is beaded, thread the white bone bead. Crimp the wire with a crimp bead or wrap the wire end tightly around a seed bead. Trim off the excess wire.
4. Repeat around the bowl. Alternate beads as desired. Place a white bone bead to every other string.