1. Use glass cleaner to remove fingerprints from the inside and outside of the jar.
2. Decide if the jar is going to sit on its bottom or lie on its side. If you'd like, use a paint pen to write the name of the place where you collected the shells on the side of the jar.
3. Pour enough sand into the jar to cover the bottom.
4. Drop shells, pebbles, pieces of driftwood, and sea glass inside the jar.
5. Glue a large shell, a sand dollar, or a group of shells onto the lid. Let the glue dry. Put the lid on the jar.