- Solid-color flip-flop-style sandals
- Bright pink acrylic enamel paint
- White sparkle yarn
- Ruler; scissors
- Crafts glue
- 1-3/4-inch-wide sheer white ribbon
- Bright pink metallic curling ribbon
1. Paint vertical stripes (up and down) on the edge of each flip-flop. Let the paint dry.
2. Cut two 24-inch-long pieces of yarn. Glue one end of the yarn to the underside of the plastic strap where it meets the bottom of the sandal. Wrap the entire strap with yarn. Trim away the extra yarn. Glue yarn end to back side of plastic strap. Let dry. Repeat for the other flip-flop.
3. Tie a small ribbon bow for each flip-flop. Use curling ribbon to tie a bow to the top of each flip-flop.
Personalize your flip-flops by tying something special to each bow. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Plastic butterflies
- Silver or gold charms
- Plastic fashion rings
- Silk flowers
- Large beads
- Game pieces