What You Need:
excitement and visual interest.
- 2-1/2 yards of dark pink print for appliqués
- 1-1/2 yards of solid green for appliqués
- 2-1/4 yards of muslin for appliqué foundations and inner border
- 3-3/8 yards of light pink print for setting squares, setting triangles, corner triangles, and outer border
- 2/3 yard of solid pink for binding
- 5-1/8 yards of backing fabric
- 77 x 92 inches of quilt batting
- Freezer paper
Finished quilt top: 70-1/2 x 85-3/8 inches Finished block: 10-1/2 inches square Quantities specified for 44/45-inch-wide, 100% cotton fabrics. All measurements include a 1/4-inch seam allowance. Sew with right sides together unless otherwise stated.
1. Download the free patterns for this project (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software).
2. To make the best use of your fabrics, cut the pieces in the order that follows. Cut all strips across the width of the fabric. The setting and corner triangles are cut larger than necessary; they will be trimmed before the borders are added.
- From dark pink print, cut 20 11-inch squares for appliqués
- From solid green, cut 80 4 x 5-1/2-inch rectangles for appliqués
- From muslin, cut 7 3 x 42-inch strips for inner border and 20 11-1/2-inch squares for appliqué foundations
- From light pink print, cut 8 3-1/2 x 42-inch strips for outer border
- 4 16-1/2-inch squares, cutting each diagonally twice in an X for a total of 16 setting triangles (you'll have 2 leftover triangles)
- 12 11-inch squares for setting squares
2 9-inch squares, cutting each in half diagonally for a total of 4 corner triangles
- From solid pink, cut 8 2-1/2 x 42-inch binding strips
- From freezer paper, cut 20 11-1/2-inch squares and 80 4 x 5-1/2-inch rectangles