Layered Leaf Wreath
Enhance Christmas greenery with layers of poinsettias and lemon leaves.
What You'll Need
- 2 bunches of dried magnolia leaves
- Copper spray paint
- 3 artificial red poinsettia flower heads
- 2 bunches of fresh lemon leaves
- Florist's wire
- One 20-inch wire wreath form
- Seventy-five 4-inch florist's picks
- 1 bunch of artificial Christmas greens with mini pinecones
- 10 fresh cedar sprigs
- Hot-glue gun and glue sticks
How to Make It
1. Remove magnolia leaves from stems. Spray both sides of magnolia leaves with copper spray paint. Cut off red petals from poinsettia flowers.
2. Gather small bunches (2-4 short stems) of lemon leaves. Use florist's wire to wrap lemon leaf bunches around the wreath form by the stems. Place bunches close together until the entire wreath is covered.
3. Wire florist's picks to 30 magnolia leaves and 20 poinsettia leaves. Add the leaves by pushing the picks between the lemon leaves. Space the leaves evenly around the wreath.
4. Cut short lengths of Christmas greens with pinecones and hot-glue them to the wreath. Hot-clue small cedar sprigs to wreath.