- 16-inch foam wreath form, 2 inches thick
- 1-1/2 yards 36-inch-wide ivory wool-blend felt
- Rubber gloves
- Ivory and green carpet thread
- Hot-glue gun and glue sticks
- 9x12-inch pieces of two colors of green wool-felt blend
- Cabone loop for hanging
1. Wrap wreath form with strips of ivory felt.
2. Place stopper in sink and slightly dampen ivory felt in sink, scrunching into a ball for a crumpled look. Bring a teapot of water to a boil and pour over felt. Cover sink with a towel to keep heat in. When cool enough to touch with rubber gloves on, continue to scrunch pieces. Tumble dry on low until halfway dry, then place on a towel to dry completely.
4. Hand-stitch a circular basting stitch in the centers of the flowers, pulling slightly to give flowers a slight cupping shape, using ivory carpet thread.
5. Hot-glue small flowers on top of large ones. Glue the layered flowers to the wreath form.
6. Cut fifteen 1-inch circles from the two colors of green felt for the centers of five of the flowers. Hot-glue a cluster of three circles each to the centers of five of the flowers.
7. Cut a 6-inch green felt circle for the remaining flowers. In the center of the circle, use carpet thread to hand-stitch a circular basting stitch, pulling to create a ball. Stuff ball with fiberfill, and pull threads tight to close; tie off ball. Repeat with seven more balls around the center one.
8. Hot-glue the balls to the flower center, tucking in excess fabric.
9. Hand-stitch a cabone loop to the back of the wreath for hanging.