- 1 evergreen tree
- One piece of plywood
1. Consult the tree's label or the professionals who sold you the tree to determine the best place to plant your type of tree.
2. If you live in a region where the ground freezes, dig the planting hole in the fall.
3. Keep the excavated soil in a container in the garage or basements so it won't freeze.
4. Place plywood over the excavated hole and secure it with bricks. Remove the plywood and bricks when you are ready to plany.
5. Insert the tree's root ball into the hole, and fill in with removed soil. Tap soil gently and water thoroughly. Place 2 - 3 inches of mulch around the base of the tree.