Seasonal Sweater Stocking
Warm material makes cozy holiday stockings to hang on your mantel.
- Wool Sweaters
- Washer and dryer
- Kraft paper
- Sewing Machine
continue reading below
- Wash sweaters on hot to felt the wool material. Tumble dry. The sweaters will shrink considerably.
- For the green sweater, enlarge stocking pattern to desired size and transfer to kraft paper; cut out.
- Use a fabric pen to trace paper pattern onto the sweater, piecing at the toe or heel if needed.
- For stocking back, trace the pattern on coordinating felt. Cut out stocking pieces and place right sides together. Sew, turn, and hand-tack a felt loop for hanging.
- For ivory stocking, add 5 inches to the top of the enlarged pattern for turning down as a cuff after sewing.
- For oatmeal felt stocking, crumple felt by drenching it in boiling water, scrunching the fabric, and letting it air dry.