Make a Holiday Tea Towel Stocking
Use festive red-and-white tea towels to make Christmas stockings -- the perfect complement with country casual decor.
What You Need
- 2 tea towels
- Fusible web
- Matching sewing thread
- 1/2 yard red ruffled trim
How to Make It
- Iron fusible web to the back of each tea towel.
- Enlarge the stocking pattern using a photocopier.
- Cut the stocking front and back out of the web-backed tea towels.
- With right sides together and using a 1/4-inch seam allowance, sew the stocking front to the back, leaving the top edges open. Trim the seams and clip the curves.
- Turn the stocking right side out; press.
- Fold the top edge of the stocking over 1/2 inch, pin the ruffled trim along the edge of the opening, and topstitch using a 3/8-inch seam allowance.