What You Need
- Tracing paper
- Red and cream silk fabric: 3/4 yard of desired color for stocking and 1/2 yard of desired color for cuff
- Sew-in craft-weight interfacing
- Matching sewing threads
- 12-inch length of 5/8- to 1-1/2-inch-wide wire-edged ribbon for hanging loop
- Crafts glue
- Needle and thread
- Silver tinsel
- Ribbon: 1 1/4 yards of 5/8-inch-wide and 1 yard of 1-1/2-inch-wide
- 3 purchased silver glitter stars
- Jingle bells: 3 large and 3 small
Download Stocking Pattern
How to Make It
Note: All of the stockings use the same patterns and are assembled in the same manner. Refer to the Embellish It portion of the instructions for directions on trimming specific stockings.
- Hand-sew tinsel around the stocking edge. Center and glue 5/8-inch-wide ribbon on the stocking front, cutting an upside down "V" in the end. Glue the stars on the ribbon.
- Cut three 6-inch lengths of 5/8-inch-wide ribbon. Hand-sew running stitches along one edge of each ribbon.
- Pull the thread ends to gather the ribbon into circles. Glue a ribbon circle centered on each star and a jingle bell on each ribbon circle. Let the glue dry.
- Fold the 1-1/2-inch-wide ribbon to make a 2-1/2-inch-wide bow at the center. Hand-sew this bow 1 inch from the center bottom of the cuff, attaching a small jingle bell at the same time.
- Working outward from the center, make a bow near each end in the same manner. Sew the bows and the bells to the cuff about 2 inches from the side edges.
Get instructions for making a joy stocking