What You Need
- Tracing paper
- Red and cream silk fabric: 3/4 yard of desired color for stocking and 1/2 yard of desired color for cuff
- Sew-in craft-weight interfacing
- Matching sewing threads
- 12-inch length of 5/8- to 1-1/2-inch wide wire-edged ribbon for hanging loop
- Crafts glue
- Needle and thread
- 2-3/4-x-18-inch strip of cardboard
- Silver acrylic paint and paintbrush
- Gold glitter
- 1 3/4 yards of 5/8-inch-wide ribbon
- 2 oval picture frames with hanging loops
- Silver tinsel
- Small silver ball ornament
Download Stocking Pattern
How to Make It
Note: All of the stockings use the same patterns and are assembled in the same manner. Refer to the Embellish It portion of the instructions for directions on trimming specific stockings.
- For the cardboard ribbon, cut an upside down "V" from the bottom end of the cardboard strip. Paint both sides of the cardboard ribbon silver; let dry.
- Brush crafts glue on one side. Sprinkle glitter on the wet glue; let dry. Center and glue 5/8-inch-wide ribbon on the cardboard ribbon.
- Center the cardboard ribbon under the front cuff. Tie tinsel through the hanging loop at the top of the oval frames.
- Position the frames on the fabric ribbon. Trim the top end of the cardboard ribbon if necessary. When you're pleased with the spacing, glue the frames to the cardboard ribbon.
- Lift the cuff up and sew the top edge of the cardboard ribbon to the stocking front. Fold the cuff down over the top of the cardboard ribbon. Hand-sew tinsel around the cuff 1 inch from the bottom edge.
- Make a bow with the remaining ribbon. Hand-sew the bow on the tinsel at the center front of the cuff, attaching a small ball ornament at the same time. Trim the ribbon ends.
Get instructions for making a Santa stocking