What You Need
- Tracing paper
- Red and cream silk fabric: 3/4 yard of desired color for stocking and 1/2 yard of desired color for cuff
- Sew-in craft-weight interfacing
- Matching sewing threads
- 12-inch length of 5/8- to 1-1/2-inch wide wire-edged ribbon for hanging loop
- Crafts glue
- Needle and thread
- Computer, printer, and typing paper
- Cardboard and 2-inch star punch
- Silver acrylic paint and paintbrush
- Gold glitter
- 2 yards of 1-1/2-inch-wide ribbon
- Small hole punch
- 3 1/2-inch-diameter glass beads
Download Stocking Pattern
How to Make It
Note: All of the stockings use the same patterns and are assembled in the same manner. Refer to the Embellish It portion of the instructions for directions on trimming specific stockings.
- Type "JOY" in the desired font on your computer. Enlarge the letters to measure about 3 1/2 inches tall. Print the letters on typing paper; cut out.
- Draw around the letter patterns on cardboard; cut out. Punch one large and two small stars from cardboard. Paint the letters and stars silver; let dry.
- Brush crafts glue on one side of the painted pieces. Immediately sprinkle glitter on the wet glue; let dry.
- Turn the pieces over and apply glue and glitter to the remaining sides. From 1-1/2-inch-wide ribbon, cut one 12-inch and two 9-inch lengths.
- Glue a letter to the bottom 1/2 inch of each ribbon, using the long ribbon for the "O." Punch a small hole at the center bottom of each letter and the top of each star. Use needle and thread to sew a star to the bottom of each letter with a glass bead between, using the large star for the "O."
- Position the ribbons under the front cuff; trim top ends. Lift the cuff. Sew the top of the ribbons to the stocking front. Fold the cuff down over the ribbons.
- Glue the top of the letters to the stocking. Make a bow with the remaining ribbon and sew it to the center bottom of the cuff.
Get instructions for making a photo stocking