What You Need:
Turn pots into holiday treasures
with a few adorable patterns.
- Waxed paper or a paper grocery bag
- 4-inch-diameter terra-cotta pot and saucer
- 1/2-inch flat sponge brushes
- Acrylic paint: white, light blue, and clear glitter
- Indoor satin varnish
- 1 3/4-inch- and 2 1/4-inch-diameter snow-flake stickers
- Paper plates
- Small river rocks
- Hyacinth or paper white bulb
- 1/4-inch-wide ribbon
1. Cover your work surface with waxed paper or a paper grocery bag. Place the pot and the saucer, bottom sides up, on your work surface.
2. Use a 1/2-inch flat sponge brush to paint the sides of the pot and the center area on the bottom of the saucer white. Do not paint the rims. Let the paint dry. Apply two more coats of white paint, letting the paint dry between coats.
3. Apply a coat of varnish to the painted surfaces of the pot and saucer. Let the varnish dry completely.
4. Press the smaller snowflake sticker onto the center of the painted area of the saucer. Press the larger snowflake sticker onto the side of the pot.
5. Squeeze the light blue and clear glitter paints onto separate paper plates. Dip a dry brush into the paints. Dab the paint around the edges of each sticker. Carefully peel off the stickers so you see white snowflakes outlined in blue. If you like, paint blue dots and lines on the white snowflakes.
6. When the paint is dry, pour river rocks into the pot up to the bottom edge of the rim. Place the plant bulb, root end down, on the rocks. Place the saucer, painted side up, on the top of the pot. Wrap ribbon around the pot and saucer. Tie the ribbon into a bow at the top of the saucer.