Pure white woolen fabric, beads, and glitter make these snowflakes sparkle. And the only sewing involved is adding the beads.
1. Trace a snowflake pattern onto fusible webbing. You can print and trace the outline of the snowflake in the photo onto tracing paper and then enlarge it on a photocopier. Or you can create or trace another design. Your pattern should be about 6 inches across at the widest points.
2. Fuse the webbing to the wrong side of the wool fabric following the manufacturer's directions.
3. Cut out the snowflake shape from the fused wool fabric. Remove the backing from the fusible webbing.
4. Place the ends of the ribbon on the webbing at the top of the snowflake, overlapping the edge about 1/2 inch to make a hanging loop. Fuse the snowflake shape to another piece of wool fabric so both the front and the back of the snowflake is wool.
5. Cut out the snowflake shape a second time, being careful not to cut off the hanging loop.
6. Seal the raw edges of the snowflake using paint pen. Let the paint dry.
7. Stitch beads to the snowflake as shown. Use a paintbrush to add paint to the surface of the snowflake.