Embroidery floss adds color to these clear holiday ornaments.
For the Decoupaged Ornament
1. Remove the wrappers from embroidery floss. Cut the end loops with scissors. Cut each skein into tiny pieces, no larger than 1/4 inch long. Put the pieces in a bowl.
2. Working in sections, paint the ornament with decoupage medium. Dip the ornament into the bowl of floss pieces until decoupage medium is covered. Continue adding decoupage medium and floss pieces until the entire ornament is covered. Let dry.
3. Paint a coat of decoupage medium over the entire ornament. Let it dry. Apply another coat if desired.
4. Cut a 12-inch length from the desired color of leather lacing. Curl and glue one end near the top of the ornament. Wrap the ornament top with the lacing, gluing to secure. Curl the remaining end and glue in place. Let the glue dry. Add a leather-lace hanger.
For the Floss-Filled Ornament
1. Remove the hanger from the ornament. Gently fill the inside of the ornament with embroidery floss snippets in a mix of bright colors. Push into place using the handle of a paintbrush.
2. Replace the hanger. Add a braided-floss hanger.