Narrow strips of construction paper and a bit of glue are about all you need to create these distinctive little Christmas tree ornaments. Craft a bunch of them and use them as stocking stuffers or as embellishments for wrapped presents. The curls are made using a technique that has been around for centuries: quilling.
- Construction paper cut into 1/4-inch wide strips. (Tip: use a paper shredder to create an abundance of strips in no time.)
- Decorative cord for hanging
1. Experiment with different lengths of paper to get the size tree you like best. Cut a trunk and pairs of short, medium, and long branches.
2. Curl the branches around a toothpick to get the right shape.
3. Glue the branches to the trunk.
4. Turn the top of the trunk on itself to form a loop. Thread the cord through the loop and tie.