Pretty Embellished Paper Christmas Ornaments
Take a break from the traditional Christmas red and green, and branch out into bright pastels with these sparkling paper ornaments.
Upload your photo here.
What You'll Need
- Patterned papers
- Crafts glue
- Gel pens: white and gold
- Paper flower punches
- Embellishments: stickers, beads, tiny pom-poms, snowflakes, stars, flowers, and rhinestones
- Rickrack scrap
- 1/4- to 1/2-inch-wide ribbon scraps
How to Make It
1. Download the free patterns; print and cut them out. Cut a front and back shape for each ornament from patterned paper. Cut the corresponding pattern shapes from coordinating patterned papers.
2. For the rose-and-pink ornament: Adhere the top and bottom decorative shapes to the front using crafts glue. Use a white gel pen to outline the swirls; let dry. Embellish the design with flower shapes punched from patterned papers or use flower stickers. Glue snowflakes, rhinestones, and a tiny pom-pom in place.
3. For the cream ornament: Adhere the diamond and circles to the front. Trim the excess paper from the circles. Use a gold gel pen to outline the diamond and circles.
4. For the green ornament: Use a white gel pen to make dots on the front. Glue rickrack around the center circle; adhere the trimmed circle to the scalloped circle. Glue the assembled circles to the front.
5. To finish the ornaments: Adhere a ribbon hanging loop at the top and cover with the topper shape. Glue the front of the ornament to the back and trim the edges.