Felt Poinsettia Christmas Ornament
With a little bit of cutting and stitching, you can craft a whole bouquet of poinsettia ornaments. Try using different colored felts, like cream or pink, for a rainbow of Christmas blooms.
0 did it
What You'll Need
- Freezer paper
- Dark red felt
- Bright red felt
- 3 small pearl beads
- Green felt
- Thread: White (for pearls) and green (to match felt)
- Drapery clip ring
- Red ribbon (optional)
- Greenery sprig (optional)
continue reading below
How to Make It
- Download the free pattern. Place freezer paper, shiny side down, over patterns. Trace as indicated; cut out.
- Using an iron, press freezer-paper shapes, shiny side down, onto felt; let cool. Cut out shapes and peel off paper.
- Center a dark red petal section on the green circle front. Place a bright red petal section on top; turn it clockwise until all points are visible. Repeat with a light red petal section, turning it so all 12 points are visible.
- Secure petals by sewing pearl beads on the top, stitching through all the petal sections and the green circle front.
- Sew circle front to back, leaving an opening. Add fiberfill; sew opening closed.
- Glue light red petal tips to circle front. Attach a drapery clip ring.
- Optional: For the chair decoration shown, place a greenery sprig on top of the clip and tie together with a wide red ribbon. Pin the ribbon loop to the back of a chair so the ornament hangs down.