Old Ornament Makeovers
Give new life to Christmas ornaments that are worn and dated. Shimmering tiny seed beads give a much-needed facelift to any ornament that has seen better days. Don't miss our video with project tips.
continue reading below
- Spray paint ornaments lightly with matte metallic spray paint. Hang and let dry thoroughly.
- Set up a place to work, protecting your surface from glue. Also decide where to hang your ornaments while the glue dries. You might want to staple a length of picture wire underneath a kitchen cabinet and hang the ornaments on it using regular ornament hooks.
- Use a tiny sponge brush or other paintbrush to coat various sections of the ornament surface using thick white craft glue. Sprinkle covered area with tiny seed beads.
- Bead half of the ornament. Set the ornament decorated side up on the rim of a glass and let dry thoroughly.
- Continue until entire ornament is covered. Hang and let dry thoroughly 6 hours.
- Tie with a ribbon in a coordinating color and display on a tree or in a bowl.