What You Need
- Clear glass ball ornaments
- White glass paint
- Double-sided craft tape: 1/4 inch wide for vertical-striped ornament and 1/8 inch wide for horizontal striped ornament
- Superfine glitter: green, red, and silver
- Glass glitter
- Small disposable bowls
- Clear-drying glue in a fine-tip dispenser
- Ribbon: 1/8-inch-wide red, green, and silver
How to Make It
Paint the Ornaments
- Remove metal cap from the ornaments.
- Pour a small amount of the white paint into each ornament and swirl it around until paint has covered the entire inside.
- Turn upside down and let set until dry.
Embellish the Ornaments
- For Vertical-Striped Ornament: Apply two lengths of 1/4-inch-wide tape to divide the ball into quarters, beginning and ending at the top.
- Pour the desired color of superfine glitter into a bowl, and press the tape into the glitter until the tape is completely covered.
- Use glue to make dots or scallops along both edges of the 1/4-inch-wide stripes.
- Holding the ornament over another bowl, sprinkle a second color of superfine glitter over the wet glue.
- Let dry.
- For Horizontal-Striped Ornament: Apply a length of 1/8-inch-wide tape to divide the ball in half.
- Press the tape into a bowl of the desired color of superfine glitter, completely covering the tape. Use glue to make a zigzag line along each edge of the 1/8-inch-wide stripe.
- Holding the ornament over a bowl, immediately sprinkle a second color of superfine glitter on the glue.
- Add second zigzag lines next to the others and sprinkle with a third color of superfine glitter.
- Let dry.
Finish the Ornaments
- Apply glue to all remaining outside surfaces.
- Immediately cover the glue with glass glitter.
- When the ornaments are dry, replace the metal caps and insert an 8-inch length of ribbon through the hanger of each one.
- Knot the ribbon ends together to form the hanging loops.