What You Need
- Red or ivory wool felt
- Stiff interfacing
- Dark burgundy print fabric (for the cardinal only)
- Red or ivory embossed paper
- Double-stick fusible web
- Matching sewing thread
- Small beads for eyes
- Narrow hanging ribbon
- Glue gun and hotmelt adhesive
How to Make It
- Download and use the pattern above to cut out two birds from the wool felt.
- Cut one bird 1/4 inch smaller from the interfacing, and cut two wings from the embossed paper. For the cardinal, cut two face triangles from the print fabric.
- Following the manufacturer's directions, apply fusible web to the wrong side of the felt birds, reversing the direction of one.
- For the cardinal, apply fusible web to the face triangles and fuse to the bird shape.
- Using thread and needle, attach the bead eyes.
- Fold the hanging ribbon in half and place 1/2 inch from the top center of the bird.
- Lay the interfacing shape on top, then lay the second felt bird shape on top.
- Carefully fuse the shapes together.
- Glue the wings to each side of the bird.