Make a Trio of Pinecone Gnome Ornaments
Scraps of felt, wooden balls, and wool roving dress up plain pinecones to make a fun ornament trio for your Christmas tree.
continue reading below
- Cut three felt triangles measuring 3-3/4 inches on each side. Fold each triangle in half; blanket-stitch together long edges to make a hat.
- Cut three 1/2×6-inch felt strips for scarves and fringe the ends of each strip.
- Hot-glue a 1-inch-diameter wooden ball to the flattest end of each pinecone to make the gnome head.
- Hot-glue a 3/8-inch-diameter wooden ball to each 1-inch ball for a nose.
- Cut the chenille stem into three 4-inch lengths; fold one end of each length over slightly. Bend stem at a right angle 1 inch from other end; hot-glue 1-inch angled portion to a head.
- Fold up a cuff on bottom edge of each hat. Hot-glue hats to the heads over the chenille stems.
- Wrap and hot-glue a scarf around each gnome's neck (you do not need to tie the scarves). Hot-glue a small piece of wool roving or curly wool to each gnome's cheeks and under the nose, as desired. Bend the hats as desired.
- Sew a short length of thread to the back of each hat for a hanging loop.