What You Need
- Tracing paper
- Fine-tip pen
- 4-inch square of lightweight cardboard
- 8-x-14-inch piece of felt
- Contrasting pearl cotton
- 3-3/4-inch length of 3/4-inch-wide white fur trim
- Polyester fiberfill
How to Make It
- Trace the mitten pattern onto tracing paper; cut out the shape.
- Trace the shape onto cardboard and cut out.
- Fold the felt in half lengthwise to measure 4 x 14 inches.
- Use a fine-tip pen to trace the cardboard mitten onto the folded felt; up to four mittens will fit.
- Machine-sew through both layers of felt on the traced lines, leaving the straight edge unstitched. Cut out the mitten close to the stitching and on the top line.
- Blanket-stitch on the curved edges of the mitten using pearl cotton.
- Hand-sew fur trim around the top of the mitten, trimming the fur as desired.
- Add a pearl cotton hanging loop.
- Stuff the mitten with fiberfill.
Continued on page 2: