Spread seasonal cheer with this easy painting project. Consider recording the year and your signature on the back, using a permanent marking pen.
What You Need:
- White ball ornament
- Glass paints in red and white (available at arts and crafts stores)
- Paintbrushes: small round-tipped (for word), fine-pointed (for highlights)
- 14-inch piece of 7/8-inch-wide red velvet ribbon
- 28-inch piece of 1-1/4-inch-wide white sheer ribbon
- Hot-glue gun and hot glue
1. Download the free pattern for this project. (This requires Adobe Acrobat software.)
2. Add lettering guide. Using the pattern as a guide, lightly write the word "Joy" in script across the front of the ornament using pencil.
3. Paint. Cover the work surface with newspapers. Carefully paint over the lettering using red paint. Let it dry thoroughly. Highlight the tops of the letters with tiny strokes of white paint. Let the paint dry. If desired, personalize an ornament by painting the recipient's name on the back.
4. Make ribbon bow. Tie a bow with the red ribbon. Cut an 18-inch piece from white ribbon. Begin to tie a bow with the white ribbon, placing the red bow in the center before wrapping the center of the white bow. Tie the bow tightly.
5. Attach ribbon. Knot the ends of the remaining piece of white ribbon. From the front of the ornament, pull the loop of the ribbon through to the knot. Glue the bow on top of the knot. Fold the ends of the ribbon and cut at a slant to make finished ends.