- 11x14-inch piece of 24-count linen fabric: cream
- Embroidery floss: red
- Needles: embroidery and large-eye
- Embroidery hoop
- Water-soluble marking pen
- 11x14-inch piece of cotton fabric: red
- Polyester fiberfill
- 1/2 yard of 1/4-inch-wide ribbon: red
Cross-Stitch the Design
Center and stitch chart (available, below) on linen. Separate floss and use two strands for cross-stitches and backstitches, working stitches over two threads of fabric. Press finished piece on wrong side.
Stitch the Ornament
Using a water-soluble marking pen and the heart outline on stitch chart as a guide, draw heart shape on back of stitched piece.
Place cross-stitched linen atop red cotton fabric with right sides together. Sew on marking-pen line, leaving an opening along one side for turning. Cut out heart 1/2 inch beyond stitching. Clip into curves. Do not turn right side out.
Finish the Ornament