continue reading below
How to Make It
- Ink the stamp with black and apply it to the center of the paper.
- Let the ink dry.
- Color the snowman's body and head with watercolor pencils, shading the edges darker and leaving the middle uncolored.
- Moisten the brush with water and dab off the excess on a paper towel.
- Starting at the white areas of the snowman, wipe the brush into the darker colored areas to blend small areas as you go.
- Wipe off and rinse the brush as needed.
- If you have too much water on the paper or make a mistake, blot with a paper towel and let dry. Color and moisten each area of the stamped image individually in the same manner.
- After completing the snowman's body and head, proceed to the nose, buttons, scarf, and ground. Finish with the background.
- To prevent the colors from bleeding, allow each area to dry before moving on to the next.
- When the paper is completely dry, place it between two clean glass slides.
- Carefully open the frame.
- Insert the glass in the frame and close.