Pretty Hand-Sewn Bird Ornament
Make a pretty bird ornament for your Christmas tree with iron-on transfer paper, fabric, and a little bit of easy sewing.
How to Make It
1. Search online for copyright-free bird clip art; print the clip art. Add 6 inches to each side of the image, and cut a piece of the cream print fabric to this size.
2. Following the transfer paper manufacturer's instructions, center and transfer the bird clip-art image onto the cream print fabric.
3. Cut the fabric out approximately 1 inch around the bird, using the outline of the bird image as a guide for the shape. Cut out a matching back from cream fabric.
4. Sew the bird transfer and the matching back pieces together with right sides facing, leaving a 2-inch-wide opening along the side. Turn the ornament right side out through the opening and stuff with polyester fiberfill. Slip-stitch the opening closed.
5. Use fabric glue to attach red trim to the edge of the ornament. Cut a 6-inch-long piece of trim and shape it into a loop; hot-glue it to the top of the ornament for a hanging loop.