Swirls of glaze and glitter ice these ornaments like frost on a windowpane.
What You'll Need
- Delta Sparkle Glaze
- Round paintbrush
- 4-inch-diameter frosted glass ornament
- Plastic or paper cup
- Fine apparel-type glitter (gold or silver)
- 1-inch-wide sheer ribbon to coordinate with ornament
1. Shake the bottle of Sparkle Glaze well. Use the glaze to paint freehand swirls on the top half of the ornament. Set the ball in a cup to dry. When the glaze is dry, brush glaze swirls on the bottom half of the ornament and set it in the cup to dry.
2. Add a second layer of swirls, overlapping the first. While the glaze is wet, very lightly sprinkle the ornament with gold or silver glitter. Tie coordinating sheer ribbon through the hanger loop at the top of the ornament.
On-the-go people surely don't have time to handcraft gifts and home decor -- unless they're readers of Simply Handmade. As its name suggests, this semiannual magazine takes time-strapped crafters step-by-step through all kinds of seasonal projects (more than 170 in each issue!) that require minimal effort and time. Yet, as quick and easy as they are to complete, Simply Handmade projects consistently yield exquisite results.
On sale now.
- 170-plus projects in each issue -- something for every busy crafter
- Clear, easy-to-follow instructions, along with materials lists, patterns and helpful photos
- Suggestions for finding materials in local shops
- Timesaving tips that can be applied to other projects