What You Need:
creative Christmas ornaments.
- Perler Fuse Beads: Black, Cheddar, Dark Green, Orange, Red, White, or any colors you like
- Perler large hexagon pegboard
- Sheet of nonstick pressing paper
- Stiff cardboard
- Sequins: red, gold, green, or any colors you like
- Crafts glue
- Narrow satin ribbon
1. Download the free patterns for this project (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software).
2. Referring to the pattern of your choice, place the beads one by one onto the pegboard. Use the bead colors suggested, or experiment with your favorite colors.
3. Preheat a dry iron on the medium setting. Carefully carry the bead-covered pegboard to your ironing surface. Cover the beaded design with the pressing paper. Gently iron over the paper-covered beads in a circular motion for about 30 seconds. Check to see that the beads are evenly fused.
4. When the bead design is cool, peel off the pressing paper. Place a piece of stiff cardboard over the design, and flip everything over. Lift off the pegboard.
5. Cover the unfused side of the beaded design with another sheet of pressing paper. Once again, iron to evenly fuse the beads.
6. Let the design cool, and then peel off the pressing paper. Referring to the photo above, glue sequins to the design.
7. Thread a length of narrow satin ribbon through a bead at the top of the ornament. Knot the ribbon ends together.