These three-dimensional stars look a lot more complex than they really are. Our simple pattern lets you create each ornament using two pieces of hand-decorated crafting foam. Some decorative wire hangers and a few beads are the only other supplies you'll need.
Materials and Tools
- Star pattern (see link below)
- Blue crafting foam, such as Fun Foam
- Silver and gold metallic paint markers
- 10-inch lengths of 24-gauge silver and gold wire
- Glass beads in gray, white, and blue
1. Download, print, and cut out the pattern. (See link below.)
2. Trace the pattern on the foam, tracing two stars for each ornament.
4. Join the stars by threading the slits together. Push one end of wire through a star point and then let the star hang in the center of the wire. Push the wire ends through a bead in opposite direction to create a 3- to 4-inch loop of wire for hanging. Bend and spiral the wire ends around a pencil point.