These beautiful red and white poinsettias made from felt will pop on your Christmas tree.
1. Prepare the patterns (available, below), and cut out.
2. Using an iron on medium heat, press freezer paper, shiny side down, onto felt. Tracing patterns on the freezer paper, trace Large Poinsettia and Large Leaf onto white felt, Small Poinsettia onto dark red felt, and Small Leaf onto red felt.
3. Cut out shapes, and peel off freezer paper.
Make a Flower
1. Dab fabric glue on right side of one corner of a leaf; pinch corners together, holding in place with a clothespin.
2. Repeat for each leaf. Let glue dry; remove clothespins.
3. Apply fabric glue to back of leaf and glue to poinsettia between petals. Repeat with other leaves.
4. Use a hole punch to create five dots from white felt for red flower and five dots from red felt for white flower. Glue dots over the glued seam of each folded petal.
5. Form a loop of ribbon or string to hang ornaments from your tree.
Honeycomb ornament. Here's what you'll need: pattern, felt, needle and thread, ribbon, pen, beads, and hot-glue gun. Trace the pattern onto felt. Cut the pattern out. Divide felt into two piles and pin the ribbon in the middle. Rejoin the felt stacks. Sew down the middle then remove the pins. Glue together alternating pairs of layers. Thread the beads on the end and knot to secure.