Easy Felt Christmas Tree Ornaments
With just a few simple stitches, you can make fun felt ornaments for your Christmas tree.
What You'll Need
- White paper
- Felted wool fabric: three shades of green for the tree; red and two shades of pink for the ball
- Sewing thread (to match each ornament)
- 1/4-inch-wide green or red satin ribbon
- Fabric glue
- Silver tinsel, non-wired
- Micro-fine silver glitter
continue reading below
How to Make It
- Download the free patterns, print, and cut out.
- Trace the patterns onto felt the number of times indicated on the pattern. For the tree: use dark green for the base, medium green for the center, and light green for the top. For the ball, use red for the base, light pink for the center, and dark pink for the top.
- Layer the medium and top pieces on one base. Sew the pieces in place close to the edges with small, even-spaced running stitches.
- Stack the eight base pieces together with the embellished one on top. To make the hanging loop, cut a 5-inch length of ribbon. Fold the ribbon in half and glue the ends at the top center of the ornament between the third and fourth base pieces.
- Sew the base pieces together with running stitches around the perimeter of the shape. (To make a running stitch, refer to the diagram, pull the needle up at A, insert back into the fabric at B, then pull the needle up at C.) Continue in the same manner.
- Glue tinsel to the front end and back edges of the ornament. To cover the area between the tinsel, apply a smooth layer of glue and immediately sprinkle silver glitter onto the glue; let dry.