- 9x12-inch piece each of wool felt: two colors
- Quick-setting gel glue
- Freezer paper
- 1/4-inch-diameter bead: coordinating color
1. Trace patterns (available, below) onto tracing paper and cut out.
2. Roll a lightweight scrap of paper, such as a magazine subscription card, into a 1/4-inch-diameter cylinder that measures the desired height of ornament and secure with glue. Cover cylinder with a layer of felt and glue in place.
3. Using an iron on medium heat, adhere freezer paper, shiny side down, to each color of felt. Using one of the patterns, trace six shapes onto each color of felt. Cut out shapes. Peel off freezer-paper shapes.
4. Run a bead of quick-setting gel glue along the straight edge of each ornament piece and attach to the felt-covered cylinder, alternating colors, until all pieces are attached. Thread string through a small bead; tie ends in a knot to create a hanging loop. Glue bead inside top of the cylinder.