What You Need:These smiling buddies are perfect gifts for children.
- Scraper or abrasive scrubbing pad
- Small dried ornamental gourds
- Soapy water
- Sharp non-serrated knife
- Milkweed pods; wood stain; rag
- Hot-glue; hot-glue sticks
- Pencil; coral color pencil
- Fine permanent black marker
- Thick white crafts glue, allspice
- Tracing paper; scissors
- Decorative paper; double-stick tape
- Ribbon; wood stars
1. Scrape and clean dried ornamental gourds using warm soapy water and a scraper or scrubbing pad. Use a knife on tough spots if necessary. Wipe dry.
2. Clean debris from inside of milkweed pods.
3. Use a rag to apply wood stain to gourd and inside of milkweed pods. Wipe and let dry.
4. Pencil in eyes, nose, and mouth. Lightly color two small cheek circles using a coral color pencil. Draw mouth and eyebrows with a black permanent marker. Use glue to attach pieces, including allspice for eyes and nose.
5. Draw hats and trace onto decorative paper. Cut out and use double-stick tape to hold together.
6. Insert a length of ribbon loop through tip of hat for hanging Hot-glue pinecone, star, or pistachio shell on tip of hat.
7. Glue the hat onto the head. Let dry.