A few simple craft supplies and a steady hand are all you need to create these striking holiday decorations.
- Glitter (gold, crystal, or any other color you desire)
- Craft glue in squeeze bottle with a small tip
- 3-1/2-inch-diameter satin or matte-finish ball ornaments
- Small glass
- Large paper plate
- Ribbon or cord (for hanging ornament)
- Set up a place to work, protecting your surface from glue and glitter. Also decide where to set your ornaments while the glue dries.
- Hold each ornament while you work on it. Or, to keep the ornament from rolling away while you're drawing shapes with the glue, rest it on a small glass. Apply craft glue -- in patterns of coils, snowflakes, or stars -- to one side of the ornament only.
- Immediately hold the ornament over a paper plate to sprinkle it with glitter.
- Shake excess glitter onto the paper plate, but do not let glue drip.
- Set the ornaments on small glasses (with the new design facing up) to allow them to dry thoroughly before adding designs to the other sides of the ornaments.
- Return glitter to container after each use.
- After the ornament is completely decorated and dry, trim with ribbon or cord for hanging.