Copper Reindeer Christmas Ornament
Use simple tools to turn a thin sheet of copper into a jaunty reindeer ornament for your Christmas tree.
How to Make It
- Download the free pattern, enlarge to size, and print. Trace the pattern onto tracing paper. Use the embossing tool to trace it onto a section of the metal sheet.
- Slowly cut out the traced reindeer shape. (Tip: Cut out each point from the outside in. The metal sheet will rip if you rotate the scissors in between each point.)
- Punch one hole in the reindeer head to make his eye and another hole at the shoulder for hanging.
- Use the narrow handle end of the paintbrush to shape the reindeer: Position the handle end in the center of the head and at the center of each leg, working on one section at a time. Wrap the metal sides around the handle, then slide out the handle. From the underside, the finished shaped head and legs appear as narrow cylinders.
- Curl the antler points and tail around the paintbrush handle to add dimension.
- Open the jump ring laterally and thread it through the hole in the reindeer's shoulders. Use the pliers to pinch the jump ring closed.
- Thread a length of hanging ribbon through the jump ring; bring the ends together, and tie them in an overhand knot.